Iman Al Ghafari
Iman Al-Ghafari is a doctor in literature and gender studies, a poet and academic writer. Her PhD thesis focused on identity in the poetry of Sylvia Plath, and in her MA, she studied expressionism and alienation in the poetry of T.S. Eliot. Her main interests lay within gender and sexuality, particularly in the Arab culture.
For over ten years, Iman Al-Ghafari has written and taught at universities in her home country. She has also held post-doctoral research positions at universities in Sweden and The Netherlands. She came to Sweden in 2016 with the ICORN residency programme because of harrassment and difficulties in continuing her academic career in Syria.
27. December 2017: MS Magazine: Can an Exiled Lesbian Exist?
18. December 2017: The Dissident Blog: Lesbian love in the land of fear
Writers from the same country
- Natur & Kultur delar ut nio stipendier för särskilda litterära insatser
- Mitt hemland är en kvinnas hjärta
- Syrian author Iman Al Ghafari: “I did not want to leave my country forever!”
- Syrisk forskare får fristad i Sigtuna
- Iman Al-Ghafari blir fristadsförfattare i Sigtuna
- Iman Al Ghafari är Sigtunas nya fristadsförfattare